10 Tips To Balance Your Life & Find Happiness Break the mundane cycle of everyday life and help bring balance to your marriage with these 10 simple tips for women and couples. BY MARY CHATMAN
Finding balance isn't the easiest thing, but it can be accomplished.
“ When youíre feeling good about yourself and having fun, the romance automatically kicks in to high gear!”
For the most part, mothers across the globe have just one day dedicated solely to their hard work: Motherís Day. I have to tell you I am not big on these one-day wonders. Donít get me wrong, I enjoy the focused attention, but I think we should give honor to mothers every day. We should also honor ourselves by creating and maintaining a balanced life, the real meaning of why we celebrate special days like Fatherís Day and Motherís Day in general.
As a mother, I know how easy it is to get lost in everyone and everything around me. Women work really hard at having a balance on the pursuit to happiness and keeping everyone in the home happy. There are five key factors in that pursuit: money, romance, family, home and health. Itís a lot of work keeping them all in balance and when raising a family, itís difficult to do it alone. When one aspect of your life becomes too dominant, we lose that balance and begin to experience unhappiness and resentment. During the balancing act, you can achieve your goals by developing some healthy habits in a calm and relaxed way.
Here are some of my own tips on creating a balanced life so that everyday can be special for you! These tips will help you get out and enjoy life. The first few tips are things for women to do personally, and then you will read things you can do together with your spouse.
Tips for Women 1. The great outdoors is good for your mind, body and spirit. Donít waste time thinking about the amount of effort you devote to each area in your pursuit of happiness because in life, you will undergo fluctuation. Itís a matter of understanding the natural flow, and giving the right amount of attention to all aspects of your day-to-day living. Just get out and enjoy life. Take advantage of the weather when itís good in your area.
2. Donít let work dictate your life. You must understand, contrary to what the current culture dictates, you are not a machine. You need a healthy balance between work, family and time for you. Ask your family to give you friendly reminders that there is more to life than work. (There may be times you might have to work late, but that should be the exception and not the rule.)
3. Be your own person. Youíll find it easier to live in your own skin and not compare yourself to others. Stay true to the things you love and the ideals you believe in. Trying to please everyone is impossible and will only add stress to your life. This will also help you to follow tip number two.
4. Go to bed early and get up early. Many people consider themselves a night owl and stay up really late resulting in burnout the next day when they need that energy the most to carry them through the afternoon and evening. If you can get into a routine that allows you to get the proper sleep, it will create a balance in your life and youíll feel more rested. You wonít feel so overwhelmed by events that happen throughout your day.
5. Slow down and smell the roses. Take your time and relax in the nature around you. Even if you work full-time, go outside for a walk on your break and just breathe. Take in the sunshine and feel the warmth of the sun. Donít rush through your day. Drive in the slow lane and donít let traffic have you flustered and upset. This stressed-out, fast-paced lifestyle can lead to heart disease and high blood pressure. Take notice of the flowers and the trees in bloom; and if itís raining, just imagine that the sun is shining.
Tips for Couples 6. Plan outdoor activities. Plan a romantic outdoor picnic or work in the yard together. Take a breather with outdoor meditation and yoga or enjoy a free outdoor concert by checking your community newspaper. Hop in the car and dive to one thatís within a reasonable distance. If youíre feeling adventurous, thereís always time to learn something new like a sport youíve always wanted to try, but didnít feel quite brave enough. Come on, you can do it!
7. Take advantage of local art. Visit museums in your area and outdoor botanical gardens. Really take your time and enjoy all the wonderful things others create. If you live in an art district, check your local listing for new artists and free art district tours.
8. Have fun at an outdoor festival. You know the old-fashion ones that you see in the parking lot at a mall. Donít be so hard on yourself that you shy away from funnel cakes and cotton candy. Life is too short to worry about your weight so much that you canít enjoy the simple things in life every now and then.
9. Take on a project together. Stroll through a home show where you can get great tips or plan a project with your spouse. The inspiration you find there will bring you together for many weekends to come as you turn those ideas into reality.
10. Relax, relate and release tension. If you live near a hot springs, treat yourself and your aching muscles to a calming soak. Hot springs are known to treat all kinds of ailments like arthritis, rheumatism, skin problems and help improve the body's natural detoxification systems.
Happiness comes from loving yourself first and enjoying life. It opens the windows of your soul allowing you to love completely and be fully aware of the love that you are giving and receiving. When youíre healthy you're able to take care of others. When youíre feeling good about yourself and having fun, the romance automatically kicks in to high gear! Youíll be one happy mother not just once a year, and everyday becomes a special day dedicated to you. And, even if youíre not a mother, your days will be brighter and your relationships will flourish as you nurture your own happiness!
Mary Chatman is a romantic decorating specialist and founder of Love Life Designs, LLC, a romantic decorating and design firm facilitating Atlanta, Los Angeles and New York City. Mary is also a romance and marriage advocate. She has been featured on CBS Better Mornings, Good Day Atlanta, and Every Day with Marcus and Lisa. Mary is also a relationship and romance writer for blackbride.com. For more information about Love Life Designs, LLC or to add romance to your abode, visit www.lovelifedesignsllc.com .