10 Positive Opportunities to Come From Self-Doubt Take your self-doubt, dismantle it and enter a new realm of self-transformation. BY SHERRIE CAMPBELL, PH.D.
Transform your self-doubt into a positive force in your life.
“ The fear of making mistakes raises your intensity and alertness and motivates you to research and be prepared.”
Self-doubt is a natural part of life. If it is allowed to take over your emotional state it can be the cause of every mistake or missed opportunity. Self-doubt has the potential to steal your belief and faith and rob you of your dreams. In order to live your life successfully you have to believe. You have to be able to turn your self-doubting thoughts into proactive opportunities. Learn to challenge your false beliefs.
10 Positive Opportunities to Come from Self-Doubt
1. Increased Work Ethic: Those of you who have self-doubt may just be inspired to work harder. The doubt translates into work commitment where you will not take any opportunity for granted. You make the most of your circumstances and are grateful for all them.
2. Full Life: Living an extraordinary life means anxieties will come along with it. If you approach life with a ‘know-it-all’ attitude you limit yourself. Not knowing everything helps you find creative and more advanced solutions to problems leading you to a richer life.
3. Embrace the Basics: Those of you with self-doubt have no problem getting back to the basics and working hard to advance. You will do anything and everything to get things right.
4. Increased Empathy: Those of you with self-doubt have a natural sensitivity towards life and your fellow human beings. This creates compassion in action.
5. Questioning: In life it is natural to seek an inner and outer balance. Questioning helps you to generate new answers to your problems and invite others in. As you have doubt, your mind and heart become open to receiving help getting you to your next step. Being able to say "I am unsure, what are your thoughts" can help you build new relationships and new productive and prosperous opportunities.
6. Increased Quality of Life: Self-doubt does not mean you are not going to have a wonderful life. It just may be that your self-doubt helps to propel you into having the life of your dreams.
7. Alertness: The fear of making mistakes raises your intensity and alertness and motivates you to research and be prepared. This way you learn what you need to do to handle unfamiliar situations.
8. Open Mind: Self-doubt can humble you, awaken you and open your mind and heart because it leads you to look for many perspectives and to ask a few more questions.
9. Self Knowledge: When you identify a limiting belief it can inspire you to work past that belief with the use of action to dismantle it, proving to yourself you can do things you never thought possible before.
10. Dreaming: Self-doubt is thinking directed towards believing you cannot do something, but in the same moment, some part of your soul which dreams of a bigger life questions: "but what if I can do it?" This is the moment to catch and capture. There is no reason to decide you cannot do something until you wear yourself out trying. Using your doubt is the greatest motivation.
Just suppose that self-doubt is what creates a formula for success. Just suppose as you question yourself and your life that you are the one who is inspired to work harder. Just suppose self-doubt translates into a pristine work ethic. Just suppose living your life to its fullest in and of itself creates anxieties because you are outside your comfort zone. Just suppose it is your self-doubts, which give you the sensitivities toward your fellow human beings that propel you forward into a deeper and more valid belief system. Just suppose it is your uncertainties that create in you the questions you need to ask yourself. Just suppose it is this questioning which helps you to generate the awareness of new, and not yet thought of solutions, to your problems. Just suppose it is from this self-doubt and uncertainty in life that your formula for success is developed.
What if all it takes to move through life is self-doubt coupled with willingness and followed up with hard work that leads you to the next experience of believing in yourself. Just suppose…
Little Life Message: Courage dismantles fear.
Dr. Sherrie Campbell is an author and a licensed psychologist with more than 19 years of clinical training and experience. She provides practical tools to help people overcome obstacles to self-love and truly achieve an empowered life. She is a featured regularly on national online media and has a successful practice in Southern California. Get her free article on "Five Ways to Make Love the Common Ground in Your Communication." Receive free insights from Sherrie through her Facebook community. For more information visit www.sherriecampbellphd.com.