Healing the Broken Holiday Heart Make this season the one your heart heals, and may all the love you so deserve be positive. BY ELIZABETH O’NEIL-DONOHUE
Use a few simple techniques to heal the negative energy you feel during the holidays.
“ Feelings of loss or abandonment actually block you from receiving the love you would like to experience.”
It seems like every year, the holidays approach at breakneck speeds. The season can begin from a consumer perspective even before the Halloween candy has arrived in the stores. But although we are asked to feel joy and participate with a smile on our face during the holidays, this prolonged season can be very painful for many people; with all the focus on family, joy and gifts, the holidays can make those with broken hearts feel the pain—and the lack of these things—even more intensely.
How can unhealed relationships with friends, family members and others affect our current state of well-being and joy?
Quite simply, it blocks the flow of love in your life. Emotions are quite literally energy in motion. Feelings of loss or abandonment actually block you from receiving the love you would like to experience. Everything in the universe vibrates at a specific frequency. Feelings of sadness around unhealed relationships vibrate low on the frequency scale. Treating these situations as "energy" within your body and emotional state can empower you to move through them with more ease. As you let these energies move through you as energy in motion you can tell yourself new stories about how you would like to feel.
To help you or anyone you know that is experiencing sadness during the holidays work through these issues, I’ve written down some simple ways to help turn negative energy into positive energy:
* Pinpoint which relationships you are still telling yourself a story about.
* Reframe or tell yourself a better-feeling version of what happened in the relationship. Be kind to yourself and remember that all relationships are teachers.
* Allow yourself to completely feel the emotions of sadness, loss and whatever else you become aware of. Realize that your power is stored in these unprocessed emotions. As you feel the energy and emotion coming up, reclaim your power by actually feeling those lost parts of yourself returning to you. It is your energy after all!
* Try EFT, the "Emotional Freedom Technique" (also referred to as "tapping") a powerful Energy Medicine Technique that works amazingly well and is very simple to learn and empowering.
* Gratitude as a life practice is transformative. Gratitude vibrates high on the emotional frequency scale. So, the old saying of counting your blessings can be especially true. Focus on all the abundance of good you have in other areas of your life. It will raise your vibration and you will actually feel better.
Liz Donohue is a transformational healer and teacher. Liz uses her unique skill set to awaken the soul essence within others and to understand their life issues from an alternative perspective. For over 20 years Liz has been teaching and working in the healing arts with thousands of clients. Her unique skill set enables her to identify core issues as blocked energy in and around the physical body and the human energy field. Working as a medical intuitive Liz is able to identify the psycho emotional issues related to the physical manifestation of illness. Her passion is to help others make the connection between their belief system and their biology. Liz offers coaching and teaching to individuals as well as organizations such as corporations and, hospitals. Find more at www.theenergymedicinecenter.com.